Audio Visual Service Engineer
As a Service Engineer, you will perform installation, scheduled maintenance, servicing and on-site repair of integrated Audio Visual and Video Conferencing systems across the Washington DC metro area. This will include new clients within major US and international corporations, government departments and organizations. You will deal with a range of individuals, from senior managers and clients’ technical staff to non-technical system users. As well as service and maintenance, you will provide technical support on site when users have problems. You will uncover and assess technical issues within various AV systems. You will provide a solution to technical issues and allocate appropriate technical resources to site and remove hardware for diagnostics and repair if required. You will be in regular contact with external customers at their place of business and will represent the company and our culture of excellent client service.
As well as troubleshooting occasional faults with systems, you will also be proactive in fulfilling service contracts agreed with clients, pro-actively maintaining the AV and VTC systems and addressing any issues before system faults arise. The company’s products and solutions are continually improving and being updated, so it is essential to keep up to date with the latest technical developments and their specifications.
- Must have an excellent understanding of integrated Audio Visual systems, their maintenance requirements, and the software and hardware that comprise them.
- You must have a proven background in the service, repair and installation of Pro Audio Visual integrated systems, audio and video conferencing systems. Must be aware of practical issues with relevant hardware and software, network technology and troubleshooting.
- As this role is supporting technical and non-technical clients, you must have very strong communication skills and be able to work with a wide variety of people, from professional engineers, senior management and end-users.
- Knowledge of the major audio visual, audio, video conferencing and digital signage hardware & software is essential.
- Knowledge of repair of hardware to component level is not required, but bench engineering experience would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of audio systems, hardware and software, would be an advantage. An understanding of common control systems (such as Crestron and AMX) is required, and knowledge of software troubleshooting would be an advantage.
- Must have good customer facing skills and the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals.
- Experience in a similar service and technical support role within the audio visual and video conferencing industry would be ideal.
Candidates must possess reliable transportation and tools of the trade.
If you think you are the right person for us, please email your resume.