Moving Audio Visual Equipment? Things to know when moving AV Systems and equipment
When a company is planning a move to another location for either expansion to downsizing there are many things you need to do. We have found over the years that many companies don’t really consider their audio visual equipment investment until the last few days of the move.
Moving fragile audio visual equipment requires a professional audio visual company to assist with the move. They work with the facility coordinator and there selected moving company.
While some clients don’t quite realize the cost of their AV investment AVIT service understands this and will protect your investment from deinstallation to re-installation.
Helpful AV moving tips:
- Get a current list of all audio visual components.
- Make sure you have a qualified AV company check out each component to make sure it is working properly.
- Always make sure you have your current AV drawing set.
- Always make sure all wires are labled to make reinstall quicker.
- Check to make sure you have all of your manuals for each piece of equipment.
- Check to make sure you have all of your source code for your control system.
- Before moving racks, make sure all wires are disconnected from rack.
- Before moving TV’s or displays that you have proper packing material.
- Before moving projectors, make sure you have proper mount associated with the same projector.
- If you plan on moving projector screens, make sure all brackets are included and proper care is take to terminate any existing wires left in the current facility.
- If you are storing the equipment while moving make sure to keep highly sensitive equipment in a room temperature storage facility.
When selecting a audio visual moving company, you should look for the following:
- Do they have qualified technicians?
- Do they have proper lead PM/Engineer to make sure all goes right?
- Do they have the skill in wire terminations?
Have questions, need help or consulation?
Call us at 703.957.8805
Email at email@example.com
Or submit your request online